(McLeansboro, Illinois) Hamilton Memorial Hospital District (HMHD) has updated the visitor policy effective Tuesday, March 22, 2022. Visitor guidelines are as stated below.
No restrictions, including age limitations or number of visitors, are currently in place for:
- Medical/Surgical Inpatients, not under isolation precautions
- Emergency room patients
- Surgery patients
- Special comfort care situations
Isolated inpatients, including those with COVID-19 – may not receive visitors, but family, friends, and loved ones are encouraged to use electronic devices and applications (apps) to connect with patients (i.e., smartphones, tablets, FaceTime, Skype, etc.)
Upon admission to HMHD, patients will receive Patient’s Rights and Responsibilities including circumstances when visitation could be restricted. These include,
- if visitation would interfere with the care of the patient.
- If visitation would interfere with the care of another patient.
- the patient is undergoing care interventions.
- an infection control issue arises.
- the patient needs rest or privacy.
- disruptive, threatening, and/or violent behavior of patient and/or visitor.
- an existing court orders restricting contact.
Hospital Visitors must:
- check-in at the front desk and follow verbal or posted instructions.
- complete a health screening questionnaire and temperature check.
- wear a mask at all times; unmasked visitors will be instructed to do so or exit the facility.
- not stay or wait in the lobby or other public spaces in the hospital unless asked to do so by the care team and limit going in and out of care areas and building.
For more information about COVID-19, and the safety precautions Hamilton Memorial Hospital is taking, visit hmhospital.org or call 618.643.2361 ext. 0.