Medicare Annual Wellness Visit
Do you have Medicare Part B?
Have you had your FREE Annual Wellness Visit in the last 12 months?
What is the Medicare Annual Wellness Visit?
The Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) is a yearly appointment with a healthcare provider to update your health records and ensure you are up to date on receiving preventative healthcare services such as screening and vaccinations.
Who is Eligible?
All Medicare Part B members who have not had a Medicare AWV or “Welcome to Medicare” visit in the past 12 months.
What does the AWV cost?
Patients pay nothing out of pocket for this visit. However, your care provider may elect to perform additional services during an AWV which may have additional costs.
Is the AWV the same as a yearly physical?
No. AN AWV is a yearly visit with a healthcare provider to create a personalized preventative healthcare plan, whereas yearly physicals are for addressing chronic illnesses and performing routine lab work.
What is covered as part of the AWV?
- Current medical conditions, health status, risk factors, and personal health goals
-Medical, family, social, and physical activity history
- Screening for breast, prostate, lung, and colorectal cancer
- Diabetes, depression, bone density, and cardiovascular disease screening.
You and your healthcare provider will create a personalized wellness plan to keep you healthy in the coming year!
What should I bring to my AWV?
When you make your appointment, your provider may ask you to bring:
- Names of all of your healthcare providers
- A list of all medications, including vitamins and supplements
- Immunization records, including flu or pneumonia shots
Schedule your Annual Wellness Visit Today!