Full Time, 80 Hours Per Pay Period
Position Posted On: 01/08/2024
- Education: Must possess high school diploma or equivalent.
- Training and Experience: Good public relation skills and interact with people well. Prior billing experience in a hospital or physician office setting, preferred. Medical terminology and coding, preferred. Computer skills, typing skills, calculator skills and telephone skills necessary. Ability to promote effective written/verbal communication. Maintain patient confidentiality and information per policy and procedures. Dependable, trustworthy and flexible. Fulfill additional performance responsibilities as assigned and necessary in a timely manner. Organizes and executes daily tasks in proper priority.
Hamilton Memorial Hospital District has an immediate opening for a Full Time Clinic Receptionist. At HMHD our mission is to enhance the delivery of healthcare to our community and the surrounding area by providing accessible quality healthcare services. HMHD utilizes the premier electronic medical record system EPIC with My Chart as an amenity for patients and staff.
The Clinic Receptionist/Billing Representative will ensure accurate patient information is captured during registration for the use of other hospital departments and all other data necessary for billing personnel to bill accurately, perform receptionist duties, maintain patient files, and organize office operations. To work closely with the clinic physician and nurse, along with all hospital department employees. Assists Clinic Director on projects as needed with Clinic-related information.
Understanding of the clinic and hospital patient accounts system as it pertains to clinic patients and demographics.
- Greets and registers patients; obtains medical insurance information; obtains necessary signatures; pulls patient medical records; prepares chart with accurate patient information; expedites patient flow with clinical staff.
- Answers patient-related questions in a courteous manner and makes payment arrangements. Seeks assistance when not able to reach a solution.
- Answers phone, takes messages, handles caller questions, and places calls to physicians and nurses using proper phone etiquette.
- Completes all in-house training and mandatory classes offered or assigned by the Clinic Director or the Education Department of the hospital.
- Provides assistance to fellow employees in the office or any other department if applicable.
- Prepares charts with patient information and required forms.
- Orders supplies for the office, clinic, and physician weekly with the approval of the Clinic Director.
- Maintains accurate billing logs and daily edit logs.
- Keeps appointment schedule up to date.
- Posts cash received each day in a timely manner and to the correct patient account.
- Conducts banking functions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Gives assistance to Specialty Clinic Physicians and their staff as needed if applicable.
- Participates in the maintenance of complete confidential patient records.
- Stay current on all hospital and clinic policies such as the Safety Policy, Emergency Preparedness Plan, Material Safety Data Sheets, and the hospital mission and vision statements.
- Participates as a team member in clinic and hospital-wide.
- Reports all areas of concern to the Clinic Coordinator.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning the patient and family members.
- Show empathy for the patient and deal with their complaints and problems.
- Orientates new personnel as appropriate.
- Restock supplies as necessary
- Does weekly follow-up on clinic accounts taking appropriate action.
- Establishes payment plans as requested per policy. Refers patient to Collections Coordinator to obtain signed payment arrangement.
- Organizes and executes projects as assigned.
- Any other duties as assigned by Clinic Coordinator.
If interested, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Online Here
Mail your application to:
Hamilton Memorial Hospital
c/o Human Resources
PO Box 429
McLeansboro, IL 62859
Or Fax your application to: 618-643-2875
Or email your application to: Bobbie Hamblin.